Thursday, December 11, 2014
Friday, December 5, 2014
This was so good! Something decadent yett affordable to make!
-5 eggs, 4 at room temperature
- 1 bundle of small asparagus
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pack of bacon
* preheat oven to 400
* lay asparagus on cooking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to your liking. Bake.
* line a second baking sheet with bacon, when asparagus is halfway done cooking add bacon to oven. Cook the bacon until it is crispy
* hollandase sauce: add all ingredients into blender
* add 4 room temperature eggs, very important it is room temp.
* add in 1 stick of melted butter
* salt and pepper
* blend until thick
* fry up an egg
* assemble: asparagus, bacon, egg, and hollandaise
Monday, November 24, 2014
This will make you never want to buy bread again!
- 2 1/2 c of warm water
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 6 1/2 c of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c of butter softned
* pour 1/2 c of warm water, yeast and sugar into a bowl
* let yeast sit and bubble for 10 minutes
* mix the rest of ingredients in a large bowl, add yeast mixture.
* I used my hands to mix alltogether
* put bread dough into a bowl, let rise for 1 1/2 hours
* bake at 375, in a loaf pan, I seperated this and made 2 loafs!
Friday, November 21, 2014
This is an awesome side dish!!
- 5 small zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c shredded parm cheese
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
* Grease a casserole pan, lay chopped zucchini in.
* salt and pepper the zucchini
* sprinkle garlic over the top
* pour heavy cream into pan
* add cheese to the top
* spread 6 tbsp of butter over parm cheese.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
Poor man deer burgers is a family recipe, my mom always made our burgers this way. My grandma had 6 kids, so she used to use this recipe to make the burger filling and to make it stretch.
- half of a large onion chopped
- 1 pkg ground beef, or any preferred ground meat
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 egg, 2 if you used a large pkg. of ground meat
- 2 slices of bread torn into pieces
- a few dashes of worchesturshire sauce
- jonnys seasoning
- mix the ground meat, onion, egg, garlic, bread and worchesturshire sauce together
- make into whatever size patties you like
- sprinkle patties with jonnys seasoning
- bake at 375 for 20-30 mins
My husband is from Georgia, so I get asked to make these quite a bit. I put my own spin on the origional recipe.
- 6 cups peanut oil
- 1 1/2 c self rising cornmeal
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 cup jalepeno peppers
* heat peanut oil in large pot or you can use a deep fryer
* mix the rest of the ingredients into a bowl.
* once oil is hot, drop spoonfulls of muxture into oil
Tunisian salad, very healthy and filling. One of my favorites during the summer months when I'm worried about my figure!
- 1 packet of tuna fish
- sliced cucumber
- green olives
- assemble all ingredients to your liking, add a drizzle of olive oil if its too dry
During the summer months all of the fruits and veggies are fabulous! To take advantage, try this salad. Pair it with a nice steak and glass of wine!
- olive oil (1tbsp)
- blue cheese
- favorite steak
- mix arugula, blue cheese, sliced peach and olive oil together
- serve with your favorite steak
If you have kids in the house you can't go wrong with bread pizza!
- loaf of favorite bread
- favorite pizza toppings and cheese
- cut loaf of bread in half
- top with marinara and all your favorite pizza toppings
- bake at 375 until cheese is melted
During the winter months I always love my crockpot. There is something comforting about comming home to the smell of a good meal thats been cooking all day. This is one of my go to crock pot dinners, crockpot lasagna!!!
- ground turkey burger
- cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- fresh basil
- parm cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- sharp cheddar cheese
- brown turkey burger in a skillet add marinara
- in a bowl mix cottage cheese, parm , egg and basil
The name is not that appealing, but this cake is amazing! Tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was an instant favorite!!
- 2 cans of your favorite fruit or pie filling
- white cake mix
- brown sugar
*in a casserole pan empy cans of filling
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of filling
- cut a cube of butter into cubes and sprinkle the top of cake mix
- add a layer of brown sugar to the top of butter and cake mix
- bake at 350 until brown sugar and butter have completely melted