Friday, April 8, 2016
-1 lg butternut squash
- raw sharp cheddar
- gluten free noodles
- poke holes in butternut squash, microwave for 8 mins
- cut in half, put on baking sheet, roast at 375 for 20 mins
- let butternut squash cool, add to blender.
- blend butternut squash until smooth
- boil gluten free noodles
- add butternut squash puree to gluten free noodles, top with raw cheddar cheese!
This is a nice spin on mac and cheese! Healthy and tasty!
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
These are fairly low calorie, big on taste!
- egg roll wrappers
- turkey pepperoni
- pizza sauce
- light mozzarella cheese stick
- take an egg roll wrapper, put 1/2 tbsp pizza sauce onto surface
- add 4 turkey peperoni and 1/2 string cheese
- roll up from corner to corner, tucking sides in (like a present)
- bake at 425 for 10 mins
Saturday, February 6, 2016
* 4 small containers of cherry tomatoes
* 5-8 basil leaves
* 2-3 tbsp olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
-Pour tomatoes onto baking pan
- tear basil leaves onto tomatoes
- pour olive oil over tomatoes
- add salt and pepper
- mix together, I use my hands
- Bake at 375 for 10- 15 mins
Sometimes I add parm to this after its done baking!
Friday, January 15, 2016
* 2 boxes of penne
* marinated mozzarella balls
* cherry tomatoes
Mix all ingredients to your liking! I used 3 containers of marinated mozzarella balls, 2 boxes of penne, 2 containers of cherry tomatoes and about 2 cups arugula. The marinade from the mozzarella balls makes an excelent sauce!
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
* 2lbs ground beef or turkey
* 1lg bag of tater tots or potato rounds
* 1 lg can of tomato paste
* yellow mustard
-Brown ground beef in a skillet, season according to your liking
- add can of tomato paste
- add 1/4 c of yellow mustard
- mix, turn off heat
- add sloppy joe mixture to casserole pan
- top sloppy joe mix with bag of tater tots
- bake at 375 for 20 mins!
My family really enjoyed this one!
Friday, January 8, 2016
* 3 spaghetti squash
* 1 bottle Hidden Valley Ranch
* 1 pkg of chicken breast
* large bag of shredded cheese
* kraft parm cheese
* 1 pkg bacon
** set oven to 375, bake your chicken and bacon until done, make sure bacon is really crispy!
** While the chicken is cooking you need to cook your squash. All you do is take the squash one at a time, put into microwave for 11 mins. When each one comes out put it on cutting board and cut in half. Let cool.
** after squash is cooled scrape out seeds, then take a fork and scrape inside of squash. This should produce long strands of squash that look like spaghetti, do this to all 3 squash. Add spaghetti squash to baking dish.
** when chicken is done, let cool then tear into small pieces or cut into small cubes, add to baking dish with squash.
** crumble all bacon into baking dish with chicken and squash.
** Add your ranch, I used the whole bottle
** add as much cheese as you like (I use alot) and mix all ingredients together in the baking dish.
** finally add more cheese to the top and bake for 20 mins at 375.
This was really good! I found this chicken, bacon ranch pasta dish I wanted to try but don't like eating pasta all the time. I decided to try and substitue spaghetti squash, it was just as good as any pasta! This is a good way to sneak veggies into your kids diet!